Thursday, 20 March 2014

To Rest - To Awaken. Ostara Tarot Blog Hop

 Previous Blog/Master List/Next Blog

Greetings!

Welcome to the Tarot Blog Hop celebrating the festival of Ostara. Our wrangler for this event is the wonderful Joanne Sprott of Cosmic Whispers Tarot and 'tis she who holds the list of everyone taking part. You may have arrived from Robin B Wood or Olivia Destrades. Whichever turn of the wheel, The Treewitch is thrilled to see you.

For this festival of Promise, the hoppers are looking at the resurrection and renewal aspects of Spring.

The above shows a glorious Ash tree that I look out on every day from my kitchen window and, right now, it's displaying that incredible pale haze of green only seen at this time of year. Autumn's winged fruits lie dry and wizened beneath this new flourish. I've been around a fair few Springs and never cease to be awed at the arrival of the new leaves after months of bare branches.

I have a two card spread that feels right for this equinox. We pause between the final vestiges of Winter, where we can lay something to rest, and the excitement of Spring, heralding lighter and warmer days, where we can bring something to life. We may not know yet if this is a permanent action or a temporary one; maybe it's just for the season.

1  2

1 - Darkness: What can I lay to rest?
2 - Light: What can I awaken?

Here's mine

 I love how the lighter coloured card heads for the darkness and the dark one emerges for now! It's interesting too, that the energies are equal. Both are from the youngest rank of the Tarot Court.

I'm very much at home in the Cups family but if it's time to release some of my dreamier and introspective aspects (for now) ....ok. The Winter months have been a time of much inner development and I feel I'm being asked to honour the inward energy, put it away and prepare for expansion.

I seldom draw Swords in personal readings but I have noticed a few lately in my daily cards. What I can awaken here is a more outward energy and one of detail and observation. I feel this card has direct links to my online readings. I enjoy creative writing, and marrying card reading with succint written communication is a skill I'm (hopefully) developing!

I'd love to hear what may be resting and awakening for you this beautiful Ostara.

Enjoy the rest of the blog hop - with love, light and blessings,

Margo

Deck The Wild Unknown Tarot by Kim Krans

Previous Blog/MasterList/Next Blog

16 comments:

  1. A very nice, simple yet powerful spread. What will I lay to rest? 10 Pentacles. What is awakening? Page of Cups. What really stands out to me in this duo is how busy the 10 of Pentacles is, and how quiet and focused the Page is. In fact I see myself in each of the people in the 10 Pent card (from Golden Tarot) - I'm fetching water, playing with the kids, tending the money tree, trying to get in some reading time amidst the lovely chaos. There are a lot of distractions, albeit necessary ones! Sometimes it can be hard working in quiet time for reflection and to hear what my spirit and the universe is communicating with me. I don't feel I'll let go of the responsibilities in 10 of Pentacles, but I do see the message that it's time to make more of an effort to create that time for myself, for well-being and development. For instance, I would adore a private card-reading space! As is I read on the couch, the bed, the floor, the kitchen table, the car, amidst sounds of TV, kids arguing, oven beeping, etc. Perhaps it's time to make an effort to carve that space out for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, time for self, it looks like. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Olivia! Thank you for sharing that. Yes, some Page of Cups energy sounds very welcoming indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the depth and the simplicity of this spread. I use something similar every new moon (release-embrace). which is also kind of a rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ellen, yes it is simple but quite profound. I also like a spread with the Moon phases and shall try yours; release -embrace is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of the Ash tree! My given name (Ashley) is derived from Ash trees but they really aren't common in Virginia and I don't think I've ever actually seen one before. I also love that you drew attention to the usefulness of two card spreads- I think the smaller spreads can often be the most insightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have a tree related name! I so enjoy watching this one change day by day.

      Delete
  6. I love the Ash tree and I'm going to try your spread. A lot can be said in two cards. Wonderful blog!!! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes two cards with two views can say so much!

      Delete
  7. Lovely spread, Margo - thanks for this. I'll be trying it out soon. I also like the deck - which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, it's The Wild Unknown Tarot by Kim Krans. Beautiful art and packs a punch!

      Delete
  8. I really like this spread. Simple and direct. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple spread yet so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice questions. And I like the way the cards alternated the light and dark for you. I got the actual card of rebirth/judgement (Robin Wood's version with the yellow phoenix and joyful woman) to lay to rest. Like, I'm almost done with my tour through the rebirth/Ostara blog hop? ;) The awakening is to the 7 of Pentacles and a fine harvest. I look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Margo!! I just realised I visited you and forgot to post... Lovely spread... that's what happened... I wondered off to try it and forgot to come back! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems to me you're already doing well in the succint written communication field! This is a lovely post - lyrical and inspiring - with a wonderful, to-the-point spread :)

    ReplyDelete